- This event has passed.
Joint Webinar: Ontologies in Science and Technology
January 19 @ 15:00 - 16:30
Ontologies can help describe research objects, processes and results in a way that not only humans, but also machines can understand and work with. This opens up amazing possibilities for finding, using and integrating research results.
The NFDI Consortia NFDI4Ing, NFDI4Cat and NFDI4Chem would like to invite you to a webinar introducing the concept of Ontologies and their use in Engineering Sciences, Catalysis and Chemistry. The webinar is aimed at scientists with an interest in, but no prior experience with Ontologies. We will have a brief introduction to Ontologies, small hands-on exercises and interesting speakers from academia and industry. The webinar is free of charge. Registration is required to obtain connection details for the online videoconference.
The webinar will be in English. Duration: 90 minutes
Moderation: Dr. Dorothea Iglezakis, NFDI4Ing, IZUS/Universitätsbibliothek Stuttgart
- Introduction to the NFDI, Dr. Oliver Koepler, NFDI4Chem, TIB Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology
- Introduction to Ontologies – What is it all about?, Dr. Iryna Mozgova, NFDI4Ing, IPeG – Institute of Product Development, Dr. Oliver Koepler, NFDI4Chem
- Ontologies in CRCs from the engineering sciences, Tatyana Sheveleva, TIB Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology
- Introduction to OntoCape, Prof. Norbert Kockmann, NFDI4Cat, TU Dortmund
- Ontology Management, Knowledge Systems, Digitalization in R&D, Dr. Alexander Garcia Castro, BASF